Wednesday, January 5, 2011

12th Night: Christmas Decorations Coming Down

I always feel sad this time of year. I'm removing the decorations from the tree, taking the wreath off my door, and soon will be taking down the pretty lights hung outside.

It's the end of the Christmas season, a new year has begun, and I must return my house to its normal state.

I like the month I have my decorations and will miss them for a few days. I guess I've always been a sucker for twinkly lights and nostalgia--both of which this season has plenty of, it seems.

Generally I take this time to dust, rearrange decorations, and think about how I want my house to look for the new year. All the while, I carefully pack away beloved ornaments and look forward to their return in December.

Tomorrow is Epiphany or Twelfth Night and Christmas will be over. I'll be sad, but I'll be ready to start the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind in your comments.