Friday, February 4, 2011

February: A Chinese New Year and Another Clean Slate

Yesterday was the Chinese New Year. It is now the year of the Rabbit. While I am neither Chinese nor sure what Rabbits have to do with my year, I am taking this as an opportunity to start fresh.

January 1 is a time when many of us make resolutions, think about changing our lives, and otherwise see it as a clean slate to make a new life.

Back in January, I decided not to do resolutions because I was already spending the year trying to change my life.

If you have read any part of my blog this year, you'll know that I've had a hard time making any progress. I'm all good intentions with little follow through (or I get side tracked and the progress fades).

I decided yesterday that I would take this Chinese New Year as a sign that it isn't too late to change. I can still make a difference in my life and accomplish my goals. I just have to put some honest effort towards getting things done.

If you feel like your January resolutions have been getting a little dusty, do as I plan to do--take this Year of the Rabbit and start off running with your resolutions again. Sometimes we need more than one chance to get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind in your comments.