Monday, September 13, 2010

A Lazy Day: Necessity or a Cop Out?

I'm taking a lazy day today. We just had a very long weekend of volunteering and I'm tired and my feet hurt.

I have tons of things I need to do. The laundry should be started. There are things to be picked up and put away. Another volunteer group meets tomorrow night and I have 4 or 5 tasks I should finish before the meeting.

Instead of doing any of them, I've been reading, looking at forums and blogs on the internet, and eating chocolate cookies. I had a late shower this morning after waking up without an alarm clock, so I even started my morning in a lazy manner.

It's actually been fairly pleasant, although I may pay for it later when I have too much to do and only one day to do it in.

Sometimes we really need this time to decompress and relax after a lot of work.

On the other hand, sometimes this becomes an excuse to procrastinate again.

I'm telling myself that I'm decompressing and trying to enjoy it.

It will be procrastinating if I don't get the stuff done by tomorrow late morning.

I've decided that is how you tell the difference--whether the truly important and more time critical stuff does eventually get done. If so, you were just putting it off temporarily because of the need for a little relaxing.

If that relaxing keeps going and the work isn't done in time, it was just procrastinating with an excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind in your comments.