Sunday, March 28, 2010

My 41st Birthday and My Quest

I am not the hero of my own story. At least that is the way it feels.

I am turning 41 today and don't know what to do with my life. I graduated 1.5 years ago with a graduate degree in English Literature. Unfortunately, you might have heard that the economy is rather bad; I can tell you that the job market certainly reflects that fact.

I looked for work for seven months and finally found a job. It is not in my field. It is not a particularly good job. However, it does earn me an income, for which I am grateful (especially since my husband has lost his job). I will have worked there for one year next week. I have been looking for something better this whole year and haven't had one interview.

I feel like I don't know what to do with my life. I have so much I want to do. I am using this blog as a way to kick start a change.

Each month I will choose a theme and try to improve myself. I will seek to accomplish my goals and make something of my life before my 42nd birthday.

My first month's theme: "Get it done by getting it started"

I will commit to writing in this blog every Tues and Thurs.
I will make progress on three projects that have been sitting on my to do list.
I will make a plan of attack for figuring out my life.

My birthday present to myself? An attempt to figure out my life before my next birthday.


Picture by Sweet! Cupcakes and Treats (Just Cupcakes!)'s photostream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind in your comments.